At a glance
- Articulate the value that strategic workforce planning can bring to your organisation
- Learn how to map your business strategy to your people strategy Strengthen your people and process skills
- Gain a practical five-step planning process to use within your organisation
- Suitable for HR managers, senior HR professionals, HR business partners, and others tasked with business planning or organisational development
Next start dates
18 March 2021, 07 October 2021
2x 0.5 days
£695 + VAT
Strategic workforce planning (SWP) involves proactively identifying your organisation’s long-term business needs and developing an effective workforce plan to meet them. Yet despite its business-critical nature, many organisations do not understand the value of SWP or how to deliver it.
This masterclass gives you the skills needed to lead in this area of organisational development. You will learn how to align your people resources with the organisation’s business plan by getting the right people in the right place, at the right time, with the right skills. You will also leave with a five-step process to help you deliver SWP in your organisation.
The course content and case study reflect the current organisational design challenges resulting from the COVID-19 crisis. These include the sustainability of hard choices such as layoffs; matching the current workforce to the available work; and making rapid choices including redeployment or the delivery of new products and services.
- Demystify SWP and understand the value it can deliver
- Leave with a practical five-step process that you can apply within your organisation
- Move from an operational to a strategic focus
- Have better discussions with your business customers and support partners
- Develop your HR executives into strategic leaders who can support the business using evidence-based plans
- Take a more proactive approach to SWP – reactive approaches can be slow and costly