Series 3 of our podcast Leading Edge is here!
The series will once again feature an interesting lineup of Henley Business School experts with a new episode published weekly throughout the autumn of 2021.
The uptake and availability of green investments are fast-growing, but how do we tell the difference between sustainable finance and ‘greenwashing’? Is this just a space for investing ‘spare’ money?
Professor Carol Padgett discusses dark vs. light green investments, the critical role of sustainable finance for the future of the planet and the economy, and how this is relevant to your personal finances.
Listen to Carol’s episode to hear her discuss these topics:
- Genuinely green investments and green jobs
- Risk – in terms of finance and the world we live in
- Sustainability and the part it plays in our futures
“Once we start thinking in a sustainable way, there’s a recognition that you create additional risk by behaving non sustainably so it’s a case of thinking about risk in a slightly different way, not just in terms of finance, but the future of the world that we’re living in”
What will Carol keep and stop doing in the ‘new normal’?
• Continue: thinking about why she travels and have meetings online when appropriate.
• Stop: working at home and instead walk to work and see people in her office.
Carol is Head of the ICMA Centre, Henley Business School’s centre of academic excellence in the study of financial markets. Her teaching and research interests include Corporate Finance and Governance.
Follow the Leading Edge podcast series